Today there is a greater need than ever before to support the work done by the Institute of Nautical Archaeology (INA). The world’s submerged archaeological sites are threatened not just by the ravages of time, by also by the destructive activities of humans on the sea floor. Dredging and commercial fishing, for example, have severely damaged or completely erased underwater sites around the world. With funding for research and archaeological fieldwork always in short supply, INA depends on friends like you to help us protect the world’s underwater cultural heritage and promote ethical scholarship. Becoming a member is one of the best ways to support our efforts to survey threatened areas, excavate historically significant sites, conserve and display recovered artifacts, publish our findings, and educate the public. INA members are institutions, professionals, enthusiasts, and students united in their passion for discovering the untold stories that lie hidden beneath the sea. Join INA today and become a patron of discovery!
- Four print or digital issues of the INA Quarterly, now in its fifth decade of publication
- Monthly e-news via the INA Insider, featuring behind-the-scenes field reports and announcements about upcoming lectures, publications, and book signings
- Exclusive access to members-only content on the INA website
- 50% discount on membership in the National Maritime Historical Society (NMHS) which includes four issues of Sea History magazine
- 30% discount on nautical archaeology titles from Texas A&M University Press
- 20% discount on membership in the Nautical Archaeology Society (NAS) which includes two issues of the International Journal of Nautical Archaeology (IJNA)
- 10% discount on all merchandise available through INA’s online store
Join at this level and receive the benefits of INA membership, as well as a gift featuring the INA logo and a color photo from an INA excavation. Join Now!
Join at this level and receive all the benefits of Diver membership plus a DVD featuring an INA project. Join Now!
Libraries, museums, and educational organizations receive all the benefits of Diver membership and an acknowledgement in the INA Quarterly as a supporting institution. Join Now!
Join at this level and receive all the benefits of Surveyor membership as well as a select piece of INA merchandise. Join Now!
Join at this level and receive all the benefits of Excavator membership plus a replica artifact. Join Now!
Join at this level and receive all the benefits of Seafarer membership plus a book autographed by INA Founder Dr. George F. Bass. Join Now!
Join at this level and receive all the benefits of Explorer membership plus the opportunity to join INA’s annual meeting as an Associate Director. Join Now!
Please add $15 for residents outside the U.S. and Canada
Students and military personnel are eligible for a $15 discount with proof of current status
If your institution produces a publication that can be exchanged for the INA Quarterly, ask us about reciprocal memberships!
INA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization; U.S. donors are eligible to receive a tax deduction for gifts to INA
More Ways to Help
The Institute of Nautical Archaeology needs your help to continue our mission to recover humanity’s submerged history. There are many ways to support the work being done by INA right now:
- Join INA at one of the several membership levels listed above
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Share your passion by introducing INA to others who might like to become involved
- Donate needed equipment or services
- Support INA every time you buy something through Amazon.com
- Donate a book to the Tooze Library at INA’s Bodrum Research Center
- Include INA in your estate plans
- Sponsor a project, program, or initiative through our naming and partnership opportunities
- Help plan, direct, and support INA’s global activities by becoming a Director