Today there is a greater need than ever before to support the work done by the Institute of Nautical Archaeology (INA). With funding for research and archaeological fieldwork always in short supply, INA depends on friends like you to help us protect the world’s underwater cultural heritage and promote ethical scholarship. Becoming a member is one of the best ways to support our efforts to survey threatened areas, excavate historically significant sites, conserve and display recovered artifacts, publish our findings, and educate the public. Join INA today and become a patron of discovery!
- Four print or digital issues of the INA Quarterly, now in its fifth decade of publication
- Monthly e-news via the INA Insider, featuring behind-the-scenes field reports and announcements about upcoming lectures, publications, and book signings
- Exclusive access to members-only content on the INA website
- 50% discount on membership in the National Maritime Historical Society (NMHS) which includes four issues of Sea History magazine
- 30% discount on nautical archaeology titles from Texas A&M University Press
- 20% discount on membership in the Nautical Archaeology Society (NAS) which includes two issues of the International Journal of Nautical Archaeology (IJNA)
- 10% discount on all merchandise available through INA’s online store
Join at this level and receive the benefits of INA membership, as well as a gift featuring the INA logo and a color photo from an INA excavation. Join Now!
Join at this level and receive all the benefits of Diver membership plus a DVD featuring an INA project. Join Now!
Libraries, museums, and educational organizations receive all the benefits of Diver membership and an acknowledgement in the INA Quarterly as a supporting institution. Join Now!
Join at this level and receive all the benefits of Surveyor membership as well as a select piece of INA merchandise. Join Now!
Join at this level and receive all the benefits of Excavator membership plus a replica artifact. Join Now!
Join at this level and receive all the benefits of Seafarer membership plus a book autographed by INA Founder Dr. George F. Bass. Join Now!
Join at this level and receive all the benefits of Explorer membership plus the opportunity to join INA’s annual meeting as an Associate Director. Join Now!
Please add $15 for residents outside the U.S. and Canada
Students and military personnel are eligible for a $15 discount with proof of current status
If your institution produces a publication that can be exchanged for the INA Quarterly, ask us about reciprocal memberships!
INA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization; U.S. donors are eligible to receive a tax deduction for gifts to INA
More Ways to Help
The Institute of Nautical Archaeology needs your help to continue our mission to recover humanity’s submerged history. There are many ways to support the work being done by INA right now:
- Donations: Donate to support INA projects, endowment funds such as the Fred and BJ van Doorninck Byzantine Shipwreck Endowment, or support outreach. Our President, Deborah Carlson, as well as members of INA’s Board of Directors, would welcome the opportunity to discuss your interest in supporting INA’s outreach and education efforts.
Call (979) 845-6694 or email email@example.com.
- Donate a Book: You can help us maintain the quality of our holdings and enhance the quality of INA’s research by donating archaeological titles or purchasing a book on INA’s Wish List. Simply visit Amazon.com, follow the link in the upper right-hand corner labeled “Wish List” and enter the INA email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) or “Institute of Nautical Archaeology” to view and select a title.
- Amazon Smile: Do you shop on Amazon.com? Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to the Institute of Nautical Archaeology. To support INA, start each shopping session at the URL smile.amazon.com and select Institute of Nautical Archaeology as your charity of choice.
- INA & Tobi: Tobi.com is a clothing and accessory retailer. Use the link INA Tobi when you shop and the company will donate 1% of your eligible purchases to INA! Customers also receive 50% off their first order.