Institute of Nautical Archaeology – Nauticalarch.org
- Types of Data INA Collects
We collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that enables INA to identify or contact you (“Personal Data”) to carry out its business purposes. INA Sites may collect this information for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to, applying for membership, registering for an INA event or program, purchasing INA products or services, or otherwise interacting with INA.
The types of Personal Data we collect may include, but are not limited to:
- Personal Data: INA Site collects this information for a variety of business reasons, including but not limited to, applying for membership, registering for an INA newsletter, purchasing INA products, or donating to INA.
- Non-Personal Data: INA collects information whether online, by phone, or by paper mail that does not directly identify you as you interact with our Sites (“Non-Personal Data”). The types of Non-Personal Data we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Site Usage (e.g., browsing history, search items, number of clicks, pages, date/time stamp, time on Site)
- Products and services viewed
- Computer type, operating system and platform type
- Internet service provider
- How INA Uses Your Data (Personal and Non-Personal Data)
In addition to the uses described above, we use your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the below, in order to:
- Identify you when you visit our Sites
- Provide service communications such as membership reminders, order confirmations, program registrations and service messages
- Identify products, information and services you request or that we think you may be interested in
- Respond to your emails or online requests for products, services, or information
- Deliver and process surveys
- Personalize and improve the usability of the Sites
- Fulfill and/or deliver INA products and services
- Tailor content to you
- Publish membership directories, memberships lists and registration lists on the Sites in print and digital media set forth in the “Contact Information” section below
We use Non-Personal data to improve the usability of our Sites and for other business reasons. We or third-party companies also use the Non-Personal Data to provide advertisements and targeted advertisements to you. We do not provide Personal Data to third parties with whom we share your Non-Personal Data. Please note that, when you select an advertising link or other link that takes you to sites not operated by INA, you may be subject to the privacy policies of these third-party sites.
- How INA Shares Your Data
We share your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the below:
- Share data with third parties to fulfill service requests and to perform business functions (e.g., INA contracts with third parties to provide services on our behalf such as data hosting services, packaging, mailing and delivering services; customer support and consulting services; and event registration services).
- Share data with third parties as required by law or to protect INA in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on INA; (b) protect and defend INA’s rights or property; or (c) protect the personal safety of INA personnel or members of the public in appropriate circumstances.
- Share data with third parties if INA or if INA undergoes some other change.
- Share data with third parties to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you professional or personally (e.g., membership renewal notices, or member product discounts). Users can request their information to be removed from such lists by contacting us, as set forth in the “Contact Information” section below.
- Share data with third parties under other unanticipated circumstances, but only with your consent.
- Share your email address, but only as permitted by the INA Email Policy as follows:
Your email address will be used only by INA, its entities and INA vendors performing member services, or offering products on INA’s behalf. INA does not sell or rent email addresses to anyone outside of INA, nor does INA share email addresses with unrelated third-parties, affiliates, or INA members. Please understand, however, that in such cases, your email address may be visible to other members, others who have an interest in nautical archaeology and INA events, as well as the public through INA membership directories, membership lists and registration lists. INA may also share your email address with third parties to enable INA to take security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. Finally, INA shares email address with third parties as necessary for INA to perform certain services on our behalf, such as packaging, mailing and delivering products and processing event registrations and to respond to your service requests.
- How You Can Manage the Processing of Your Data
You can manage your profile and email preferences, including “opting out” of email by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below. If you prefer to receive hard copy mailings only from INA, you can contact us and request to have your name and address removed from the list we provide to third parties. For California residents, please consult “California Privacy Rights” section for additional considerations.
Our processing of your data is based upon your consent, contract performance (e.g., your purchase of products or membership sign-up/renewal), or compliance with the law. You have the right to object to our processing of your data or to restrict our processing of your data. In addition, if you have consented to the processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- California Privacy Rights
- How INA Protects Personal Data
- How You Can Access, Change and Delete Your Personal Data
- Cookies and Other Web Devices
- Transmission of Data to Other Countries
Your Personal Data is processed in the United States, where privacy laws may be less stringent than laws in your country and where the government, courts, or law enforcement may be able to access your data. By submitting your Personal Data to us, you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your Personal Data in the United States.
- Contact Information
If you have questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices or if you wish to change, access, or remove your Personal Data, please contact us as indicated below. We will attempt, where practical, to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy related information.
Institute of Nautical Archaeology
P.O. Drawer HG
College Station, TX 77841
(979) 845-6694 or email@example.com
Effective Date: April 22, 2020