Follow in the footsteps of George Bass, Father of Underwater Archaeology, along the ancient coast of Turkey!
Take a journey along the Turkish coast from Istanbul to Antalya with INA archaeologists Drs. Nicolle Hirschfeld and Rebecca Ingram aboard the privately-chartered 34-guest Callisto from October 8 – 17, 2022.
This archaeological voyage stops at the following places and their famed sites:
- Istanbul – Pera Palace Hotel, the Hippodrome, Basilica Cistern, Aghia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Ottoman galleys in the Naval Museum
- Canakkale – the fabled Troy
- Kuşadası – Claros, Ephesus
- Bodrum – the Mausoleum, INA’s Bodrum Research Center, INA’s research ship Virazon II, the Museum of Underwater Archaeology
- Rhodes (Greece) – the medieval Old Town, Palace of the Grand Master, Streets of the Knights to the Archaeological Museum, the village of Lindos
- Fethiye – Xanthos, Uluburun
- Kekova Bay & Cape Gelidonya
Click on the image to see the brochure and receive more details and pricing for this unique opportunity! Spaces are filling fast! Don’t miss this opportunity to relive INA’s history through the eyes of the archaeologists who helped write that history!