Skip to main content

On the first fieldwork day we set out to relocate and mark the primary 2014 target-EBT6, the site of the two concreted cannon. We were successful in finding the target based on the coordinates recorded from last year, but found that the site was covered with sand, approximately 30 cm over the cannon. A good sign for the preservation of the site, but more difficult to relocate and excavate.

16 nov01 16 nov07 16 nov09 16 nov19 16 nov26 16 nov28 16 nov33

With no time to lose, we planned a night dive to place a marker buoy over the site. Although we will not be excavating this site right away, we decided to plan ahead for the rough weather that we are expecting in a few days. The more sites that we can relocate and mark in clear water, the more work we’ll be able to do when the storm destroys the visibility. Good work but multiple dives in moderate surf takes a toll…


16 nov56 16 nov41 16 nov44 16 nov61